Friday, January 25, 2008

Love Grows

We invite you to watch a little montage we put together.
Each photograph is a treasure to us and allows us a tiny glimpse into her life to date. Be sure to have your speakers on - the song is just lovely. The children in the chorus are all kids who have found love and families through adoption. In the song, there is reference to a package. Our daughter got her package last week. She now knows, beyond a shadow of a doubt that a family wants HER, specially HER, and that her almost 10 year wait for love is over. WooHoo!!!!!

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=4366f9d09a04e3f2300b19&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

When Molly was much younger, she learned a song at school. We'd sing it all the time. It goes like this:

Love grows one by one, two by two and four by four
Love grows round like a circle and comes back knocking on your front door

Before starting this process I wondered how on earth could I love another daughter as much as I love Molly? Would there enough room in my mom-heart? Better check with an expert. Someone who exudes the word love. Someone who, if I did just half of what she's done, would make me feel like I've done well as a parent. Someone who brings sunshine to those she meets. Someone who's a mother with a lot of children - good children. Someone who radiates that 'silver-lining' I sometimes have to force myself to see when things aren't going that well. She's so positive. If anyone would know, she would. This person has 7 children. This person is my beautiful mother. (Hi Mum. Made you cry here, didn't I? I love you.) Her answer was so simple, "Your heart stretches. You love each one just as intensely for the incredible human being that they are."

Yup. It's already started to happen. We all love our new daughter / sister already in a strange far away sort of way. I find myself singing the "Love Grows" song a lot lately. Molly no longer thinks I'm being corny - she's singing it too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes darling...you made me cry and if this is one thing I've managed to pass on to you, then I am truly blessed. Ai Li is just another stretch of the heart where there will always be room for one more..love you

Anonymous said...

You are such a loving person, I don't understand how you could possibly question how you could love another so deeply. Whether it is Molly, your family,a puppy, or your sea critters, one could tell you are such a loving person by just knowing and speaking with you.
A Forever Fan, Ange

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh my goodness . . .the slide show, I'm weeping on the inside, holding it together on the outside because I have maitenance men here fixing a leak! WOW! Sue, way to act like you had no idea how to do a blog and then knock my socks off. And on the stretching mommy heart thing, it really does happen. Brogie has a book called "You're All My Favorites" about a mama bear and her abounding yet individual love for each of her cubs . . . that pretty much sums it up. Each of our children are "our favorites" in a unique and special way, no matter how, or when, they come to us!

Love you friend! Thanks for sharing your heart!

Tina

Aprille - The Muddled said...

Well I have had a good cry reading your blog today and last night haha. I look forward to hearing much more exciting news. In the meantime - aka hurry-up-and-wait-time - we will be praying for the five of you!