Thursday, January 24, 2008

Travel Approval Just In

Hubers have their official travel approval - that's our TA in adoption lingo. Yay Hubers!! It left China on January 18th and got here on the 22nd.

Momma's gone into an information overload in the travel arena resulting in paralysis of all coherent thought processes. I cannot think. I cannot really even function. It's embarrassing. All you have to do is book the flight and press on - right?

Uh, no. Wrong. We don't have an official Consulate Appointment yet, which means that we don't know when we'll meet Ai Li, which means that we can't back-track events to get tickets. We wait. Again. Perhaps we'll know tomorrow, perhaps Monday. Perhaps I'll lose my mind. I need to have my thoughts wrapped around a schedule - that's who I am. Uncertainty of this kind creates all kinds of havoc in my brain and I sit in a tizzy trying to fix it, but it can't be fixed because it's not broken. It's just an unknown. Blechhhhh.

30 minutes and a cup of tea later life's actually going to be fine, I reckon. I have had a good working conversation with a travel agency who DO have a handle on these things (someone clonk me on the head for not just going straight to them in the first place, instead of trying to find out all sorts of options and deals on my own). They'll work on some options and let me know. How simple was that? By the way, the Cox family who have recently returned from China with adorable daughter Jen did tell me that it was easier to deal with an agency. I just had to busy myself doing something in case it replaced the ache - which it didn't. People - listen to those who have been there, done that. OK? Learn from this.

I've posted a link to some on-line photos of Zhuhai City from another site. Hope I haven't broken some internet protocol by doing this. Someone let me know, please, if I have.

1 comment:

Your Daily Success Coach said...

Hubers

You guys are just the coolest. I want to go with you. Maybe Steve and I could pilot you to China.

Best Wishes
Cagen