Sunday, February 17, 2008

In Guangzhou and ready to GO!!







We've had such an amazing week in Beijing, Chengdu, Changsha and Xiangtan. We've even made some friends who we'll keep in contact via email. For some reason, these photos are in reverse order. This is my second time creating this (first one disappeared when I tried to move photos around, so won't try that trick again).
We arrived in Guangzhou early this afternoon and went strolling around. When we got back, there was a message for us at the front desk from Mr. Li. Steve had a wonderful chat with him on the phone and he'll pick us up tomorrow at 1:30. We'll meet Ai Li between 2:30 and later, depending on their traffic. He has had a chat with Ai Li to prepare her and according to him, she is ready!! Sweeeeeeeeeeet. We are too!
Thanks to everyone for your prayers. It means so much.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi to all "THE HUBERS"

I have been reviewing all the interesting photos and information, and I am so excited for you. Lillian and I are counting the hours until you hold that lovely new daughter in your arms with hugs and kisses. Please know that you will be in our hearts and prayers until you return to that clean house and your well kept animals. Can't wait to meet Ai Li, and to see your other children, as well.

Love, Phyllis E. Foster

Lillian E. Swift said...

I have had trouble getting through to you, but hopefully I have mastered it. We shall see. I will write more after I have given this a test. Love you, Liller Piller

Lillian E. Swift said...

Oh, goody gumdrop, I did it.Phyllis gave me the magic touch. She is being extra nice to me today because I fed her lunch. See what I get for being a good sister.
I have been keeping up with you and enjoying every step of the way. Knowing that Monday is already yours, means that in a few hours, Ai Li will be in the presence of her loving family. What a time of joy and thanksgiving. I am so elated for you all. You are getting a precious daughter and that daughter is getting a most wonderful new life. Love to all, Lillian

Aprille - The Muddled said...

I got goose bumps and started crying reading that she sounds "ready". I am praying that God opens her heart for all of you!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Dear friend,

My heart is racing as I replay your words in my head, Mr. Li says "she is ready". Oh Lord be with the Huber family every step of the way today, be with Ai Li as a whole new world opens up to her. Keep them all in your loving care Lord, give them peace in their hearts as they begin a new chapter of their lives today! Amen!

Layne Ai Li Huber you day has come, we rejoice!
Love you Hubers!
Hugs to China~
Tina and family

Angela said...

Hi to all~
It sounds like you've had a lovely time. It shows on your faces as well!
Just a few hours before you get to Ai Li! I know your bellies are full of butterflies. No, make that ping pong balls, I guess. What excitement! We're praying for you all and can't wait for another update!

Love, Angela Fluet